Subject: Re: Anyone using Studio 16 with Flyer?
From: Blackout <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 1995 16:14:10 -0400 (EDT)

Hi there Stan, 
 
I just wanted to see if you got the 4.05 release of the Flyer software 
yet and see how evrything is going.  I am looking to purchase an Amiga 
4000 with the toaster oven bay very soon and with a toaster/flyer system 
so i am very excited about it with all the positive comments I have been 
getting from flyer people lately.  What I am trying to figure out now is 
the best drives and video decks to use with the system.  My main foootage 
will mostly be shot on a Cannon L2 Hi8 camcorder and if I'l lucky some of 
it will be shot on BetaSp UVW betacam.  As for a recording deck I have 
pretty much decided to go with the UVW 1800.
 
What do you think is a high quality Hi8 deck to use for playing the source
tapes into the FLYER?  Also.. I will need a nice Super VHS deck as well,
can you recomend one?
 
Anyone else out there who is reading thois, please feel free to comment,
I am trying to compile the best Hi8 and Super equipment to work with the
Toaster/FLYER going into a UVW 1800 which will be dubbed to multiple 
cable stations for broadcast.
 
Also, what is the best solution for controlling decks with the toaster
and Amiga?  I am very much decided on the UVW 1800 as my recorder as I 
can't afford the higher end PVW or BVWs, but I want a backup system 
linear controller to use if I need to do something that doesn't work 
right on the FLYER, even though I will mostly be editing on the FLYER.
Also, for BIG projects that are over and hour long, I will have to have 
some sort of linear editing capabilities as well.
 
[email-masked]
--
Blackout <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]